Monday, March 12, 2012

A Father's Love

One of my favorite things about becoming a parent is watching Tyler become a daddy! He's a natural! He and Ryder share such a special bond between one another, and it makes my heart melt each time I watch them together. I've heard some women say that they'd never found their husband more attractive than when they saw their husband's playing with their children. I thought it was interesting but didn't truly understand what they meant until now. I have always loved Tyler, but now that he is the father of our child, I love him even more! I love to watch the way they play together and laugh at one another, it's such a joy to see them spending time together. Tyler's such a good daddy, and Ryder loves Tyler so much. His face breaks into a huge smile every day when Tyler comes in from work. It's such a neat thing to see. Last week we were in an accident, and Tyler's first thought was Ryder's safety. Rather than getting out of the car and checking the damage at the back of the car, Tyler's first reaction was to check on Ryder. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Tyler would lay down his life to protect Ryder, and that love is so amazing!



What's even more amazing is that each time I watch Tyler and Ryder interact, I think of another Father's love. As much as Tyler and I love Ryder (which is a whole bunch!!), God loves him even more. When we talk about how we made this sweet boy, I remember that God actually knit him together in my womb. I love that God has a purpose and plan for his life already, and that God delights in Ryder like Tyler and I take delight in him. I'm so thankful that Ryder has the example of his own father's love to help him one day know and understand God's love for him as his Heavenly Father. Daddy's are so incredibly important in a child's life, and Ryder is so blessed to have a wonderful daddy like Tyler who loves him so much!




"How deep the Father's love for us. How vast beyond all measure. That He should give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure. Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom!"

1 comment: