Sunday, July 24, 2011

Showers of Blessing

I have been so blessed over the past week and a half to have had two wonderful baby showers! We received so many great gifts, and are just so thankful for all of our friends and family who helped to not only throw the showers, but buy gifts and just be there to support us!

The first shower was July 16 at Shenandoah Baptist Church with lots of family and old friends.
The yummy cake!

Lots of presents!!

Mom used the lamp from the nursery as a centerpiece, and then added our sonogram pictures.



Some of the guests were family, friends from high school, and family friends from the church I grew up in. :)

A photo album to fill up with lots of sweet baby pictures!

Mom bought the baby his first suit for Easter!! :) SO CUTE!!

He got lots of clothes!

More presents!

I had such a great time!!
The second shower was at my friend Meg's house with many of the ladies from our church, First Baptist, Roanoke on July 22. My mom and sister came too, so they could meet our friends. I'm so glad they were able to come and meet the people that have become such a big part of our lives!!

The beautiful cake my friend, Leslie Ann made!

We told her she needed to go into business making cakes! It looked great, and even better, it tasted delicious!!

Some of the sweet ladies I've met through Sunday School and Bible study. I love them all!

Meg had us make a letter book for the baby. We each had to choose a letter and fill up a page with items from magazines that started with that letter. We all had a lot of fun finding pictures for each other's letters! There were a few "unique" suggestions too! :)

Opening more gifts

The Moby Wrap so I can carry the baby around and have my hands free!

So many of the cards had such sweet notes of encouragement and advice in them! I loved reading each one! :)

Still working on the letter book!

So many cute clothes!!

I'm so glad my mom was able to be there and get to meet all of the girls!

The very interesting squeezy spoon that Tyler registered us for. Everyone was very intrigued by the contraption! :)

There were several cards that teased us about being careful of the baby peeing on us, since Tyler is deathly afraid of getting peed in the face! haha


The play mat, Tyler wants one for his size!

This tote is so cute and unique! You can reach your hand in the mouth and get toys out! Plus, it totally went with our room theme!!
All in all, I had lots of fun and can't wait to use everything when baby boy gets here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment