Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Four Months Old


I'm way behind in updating for this month, but in my defense, I had a stomach virus for almost 5 days. It was miserable, and I pretty much didn't do anything including care for Ryder since I was so afraid of him getting sick too. So Ryder spent most of last week with Nana, Grandpa, and aunt Caitlyn much to his delight and mommy's relief! I missed my sweet boy terribly and cried when I had to send him off with Nana, but I knew he was in good hands, and I'm so grateful that they were able to help us out while I recuperated! It took a few days, but we are finally back up and running, so now that the decorations are down and put away, the house is cleaned and disinfected, and the laundry is finally caught up, well almost...let me catch you up on life for little Ryder-man this past month!

This month we busily prepared for Christmas as we went to pick out a Christmas tree,


 decorated the house,


bought Christmas presents, wrapped those presents, baked lots of goodies, and visited with lots of friends and family! It was a busy Christmas, but it was wonderful to spend it in our own home with Ryder for the first time!



 Ryder wasn't all that interested in opening presents, although he did like rattling the paper at times, but he loved all the attention from everyone, and he got a few new favorite toys like his taggie blanket, some teething rings (because yes folks, that's right, Ryder seems to be teething on anything and everything!), and his dog, Scout, that sings and lights up from Nana and Grandpa!



 He also met his great grandpa Harden and Audrey, and they seemed to like each other a whole lot! It was fun watching Ryder interact with Dave and Audrey, and I'm so thankful they were able to make the trip up to visit us!



Ryder has learned a few new tricks like rolling over! Now I know I said he had rolled over last month, but he has perfected it this month and can roll from his back to his stomach and his stomach to his back. He doesn't roll a lot, mainly because he hates being on his stomach and now he hates lying anywhere because he would rather sit up or stand, so that he can see what's going on! He has also learned to laugh, which might be mine and Tyler's favorite sound in the world! It's so contagious and can't help but bring a smile to your face even at 5am after little to no sleep! Ryder is very ticklish under his chin and right near his armpits. Sometimes when I'm trying to change his clothes I'll accidentally tickle him, and he just cackles! It's so much fun to listen to! The first time I heard his laugh it brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how much I love this little guy!

Ryder has also discovered the exersaucer and absolutely loves it! He thinks he's such a big boy standing up in it and looking around everywhere. It keeps him entertained for long periods of time, and he's so happy spending time in it. He also likes sitting in his bumpo seat to play now. He's such a big boy and it's so fun to watch his curiosity as he takes in everything in the room. He also likes to explore textures and faces. He is constantly touching our faces and is especially fascinated with Tyler's beard! I think he's hoping to grow his own facial hair soon! He also loves playing with his feet and holds on to them as he rolls from side to side while cooing and talking, he's quite the talented little fella!


It has been a fun month of watching Ryder learn and explore, but the highlight has got to be hearing his little laugh! We are looking forward to what month five holds for us and hoping for a little snow and maybe a little slower pace of life and good health for everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment