Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Goals

2011 was probably the most life-changing year of my life. I found out I was going to be a mommy, finished my last year of teaching, became a stay at home mom, gave birth to my sweet boy, and underwent so many hormonal changes, I don't even want to think about it!! But in the end, it was the best year of my life! I wouldn't trade a day of teaching for a the time I get to spend watching my little one grow, learn, and explore! It has been an incredible experience becoming a mommy, but as I have begun spending more time at home, I have come to realize that I need to make a few changes in my routine and my life to make things easier on all of us around here!

So for 2012 I have decided to set a few goals for myself, my home, and our family.

My first goal is for Tyler and I to sit at the dinner table for dinner more often. We used to be really good at this, but with the arrival of Ryder, some days I didn't even know if we were going to eat dinner, much less if we were going to be able to make it to a table. But after four months of running past each other trying to get everything done, we both realized that we desperately need our dinner time together in order to catch up on life and spend some time with one another. So Ryder is about to be introduced to the high chair as we prepare to dine together in 2012!

My next goal is to blog more frequently. Now that Ryder naps a little more consistently, I hope to be able to take some time for myself to write like I used to and get things out that are in my heart, but I also hope to catch our family up on what Ryder is doing and how he's doing. So hopefully you'll have a little more to read in this new year, I hope your New Year's resolution was to read more! :)

Another goal for me is to start working out again. I have missed taking time to exercise, and after having a baby, I could definitely use it! I don't care so much about losing weight as I do about getting my body back in shape and feeling good about myself again.

That goal also leads into another goal for me this year which is to take some time for myself more frequently. After having Ryder, me-time has become a thing of the past, and some days it wears on me and everyone else around me, so starting this year, I'm going to allow myself to have some downtime more frequently to do things that I enjoy like reading or cooking, or even watching a movie. I've come to realize that I'll be a much better mommy and wife if I take a few minutes a day for myself to feel refreshed and renewed.

My hope for this year is that Tyler and I grow closer to one another and God as we spend time daily sharing our lives and praying with one another over dinner. I also hope that we as a family are able to minister to others because God has blessed us so much, and we have a responsibility to share that blessing with others. And finally, I hope that we remain happy and healthy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us in 2012!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve some "me time", you are a wonderful mother, wife, role model, and person! treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great goals. May I borrow a few? :) I'm catching up on your blog tonight and can't believe Ryder is 4 months old. What a big boy. And cackling now too? So sweet. :) I hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete