Friday, May 18, 2012

Dedication

Sunday was Dedication Sunday for Parents and Children at our church.


They hold a dedication service once a year on Mother's Day, but rather than calling it a Baby Dedication like many other churches, including the ones I grew up in, our church calls it a Parent-Child Dedication service with an emphasis on dedicating parents. I like that our church emphasizes dedicating us as parents to the job of training and teaching our children in Christ. It was an honor to be part of the service and to know that so many people have committed to pray for our family as we raise Ryder and teach him about our God who loves him even more than Tyler and I can. Ryder loved the service too! He was thrilled to be up in front of so many people, and he beamed when the congregation clapped for him! Not to mention, it was another excuse for him to sport his sear-sucker suit! :)




It was such a special day for our family. Tyler's family made the trip in for the service, as well as my family. Afterwards, we all went to my parents' house to eat, celebrate, and play with Ryder. This was the first occassion since our wedding that we've had all of our family together, minus Garrett who was preparing for his finals and college graduation.  It was a special day, and I'm so glad I got to spend my first real Mother's Day with family celebrating my precious boy!



Three Generations of Harden Men

Four Generations


Ryder's Aunties

No comments:

Post a Comment